Sunday, October 31, 2010

One month later :)

Hey everyone! Sorry for the delay in blog updates, but we have literally been going non stop for the pat 2 weeks! So I am going to highlight a few things from the past few weeks.

Ok so two weeks ago our speakers were brothers, Trent and Tre Shepperd. They are both pretty intense! Normally the speakers just speak to one school at a time. Well this week was corporate so the whole campus came together for the whole week. It was defiantly a crazy week. So here are a few things from my notes from the week. The first thing is about boredom, beauty and pain. You know how many times when I was at home did I say that I was bored? I hear it from other people all the time. Well guys and girls I am learning that the world is full of to much beauty and pain for us to be bored. The biggest danger for Christians is that we have become desensitized to the pain in the world and we have lost our amazement with Jesus. Are you bored? Get up and do something! Beauty is the wonder of sharing in Christ dreams and pain is the privilege of sharing in God's aches. The second thing that really stood out to me is that we have become so focused on what we have been saved from that we have forgotten what we are saved for!!! We have become so focused on saving people from hell, that we have forgotten about saving people for the kingdom! I don't know if that makes sense to you all! But this gets me pumped up! Oh how I wish all of you could be here!

That weekend was a BLAST! All the boys left to go on an overnight camping trip so all of us girls had a girls only day! Oh what fun we had! We went to the beach in the morning and swam all day! We had a picnic on the beach and just chilled! Then in the evening the staff got out a chocolate fountain and TONS of food! We all left with chocolate all over out fingers and faces! LOVE IT!!

This past week our speaker was Matt Rawlins. Let me tell you this week was very challenging! Matt is a great speaker but he through some things out that I didn't totally agree with. So I really had to practice discernment! This isn't a bad thing! I am so tired of just being spoon fed things all the time! I want to struggle and wade through tuff things! It was so much fun! Everyone was in the same boat and so we spent our evenings in small groups with our Bibles open, searching for what God wanted us to hear. If we walked away with this new hunger alone it would have been a successful week, but there was also a lot of really great stuff in Matt's lectures. The main subject was the Fear of God! I don't have time to share all my notes, but it had a lot to do with destiny, intimacy, grace, vulnerability, truth in tension, the nature and character of God, and the love of God. A lot to cover in one week :)

On Thursday the tickets were purchased for my outreach team!!! Woot woot! We leave the 13th of December! I don't have the itinerary yet but as soon as I do I will let you all know all the details!

On Friday the down payment of $2,500 was due. God worked it out so that I had enough to make this payment! PTL! But there were a lot of students who were short. We needed over $20,000 to cover everyone's fee! We got together Friday evening and just started praying. We just asked that God would provide and that He would shows each of us how He wanted us to contribute. Ok so sit down people! Within 20 mins we raised over $16,000! No joke! And just from the students and staff! How that is possible because none of us have money. Most of them are like me and scraped by to make the first payment! But somehow God took what little we had and multiplied it! By the end of the evening everyone made the first payment! Isn't God AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! So I am telling this story 1 to give God the glory and 2 to pose a challenge. If my class of Youth Without Any Money (YWAM) lol, then what could He do through a church full of people who don't have money? hehe :) I still need $3,500. That is only a fraction of the $20,000 that my whole class needed. It is really nothing to my God! So church what do you think? Please just be praying about what God wants you to do! $10? $5? $3,500? The next due date is Thanksgiving, but I am praying that the money will come in so that I am not waiting till the last minute. I can't wait to see what God does. Also just so you know I am claiming the word ABUNDANCE! I believe that God is going to provide more than what I need and I in turn will be able to bless others!

This weekend we did a community outreach! We help put on this thing called Candy Land! We worked hard all day setting up and then past out candy and talked with kids for hours during the evening! Over 6,000!!! kids came through!!! So amazing!

Well that's all I got for now! I love you and miss you all so much! Please pass this along to everyone! I only have a few email address right now!

P.S. I apologize for spelling and grammar  mistakes :) I just don't have time to reread everything. lol

--
Faith + Hope + Love
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment